Global Sustain supported Piraeus Asset Management MFMC in joining the Global Initiative Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI Initiative) for the adoption and implementation of Responsible Investment Principles and the promotion of a Responsible Investment Policy.
Piraeus Asset Management MFMC, with its participation in the PRI Initiative, is now committed to implementing the following Responsible Investment Principles:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision- making processes.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which MFMC invests.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the fund management sector.
- Work together to enhance the company’s effectiveness in implementing the Responsible Investment Principles.
- Publish annual report on the company’s activities and progress towards implementing the Responsible Investment Principles.
Mr. Bablekos Hercules, CEO at Piraeus Asset Management MFMC, quoted that: “Within the Group’s responsible policies, Piraeus Asset Management MFMC proceeded to the signing of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), declaring its commitment to initiatives contributing to sustainable development issues.”
Mr. Spanos Michael, CEO Global Sustain, quoted: “Our goal in the context of the global PRI Initiative is that more and more companies, organisations and agencies are aware of and embrace the principles of sustainable development and responsible entrepreneurship.”
The PRI has more than 2,300 members, integrating their investment decisions into environmental sustainability, social responsibility and corporate governance (ESG) as part of their strategy. This initiative supports the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations in 2015.
More information: https://www.unpri.org/