Global Sustain is happy to announce that it has just been accepted as an official TCFD Supporter further to a formal application submitted earlier this year.
TCFD Recommendations are expected to become a mainstream practice in climate change disclosures.
This is how we support TCFD:
1. We organize public speaking events, seminars and workshops on TCFD for our +400 members in the United States and Europe.
2. We engage with responsible ESG investors to exercise shareholder advocacy to their equity holdings to meet TCFD Recommendations.
3. We engage with financial, credit and insurance institutions to adopt TCFD recommendations in their credit/insurance portfolios and advice their clients to do the same (especially banks) through their Environmental Scoring Systems.
4. We advise (mainly publicly traded) corporations (especially the big CO2 emitters like mining, oil and gas and extractives) to develop strategies and report on TCFD Recommendations.
5. We engage with regulators and authorities like Company Registrars, Public Policy Organizations (for instance European Commission Agencies), etc. to include the TCFD Framework as a guiding methodological approach for climate change risk mitigation.
More information here:
About FSB Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD):
The FSB Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) will develop voluntary, consistent climate-related financial risk disclosures for use by companies in providing information to investors, lenders, insurers, and other stakeholders.
The Task Force will consider the physical, liability and transition risks associated with climate change and what constitutes effective financial disclosures across industries.
The work and recommendations of the Task Force will help companies understand what financial markets want from disclosure in order to measure and respond to climate change risks, and encourage firms to align their disclosures with investors’ needs.