The “Sustainability Forum 2018”, a training, networking and professional development event, took place on October 5 for the seventh consecutive year. The event was organized by Global Sustain and held at the NJV Athens Plaza Hotel.
For another year, world renowned speakers and sustainable development experts from high profile organizations participated in the event and through special sessions, shared their knowledge and experience with the attendees. Speakers came from the following organizations: Cambridge University, AHC Group, Trucost – S & P Dow Jones Indices, Rockwool Group, Carbon Clear, AstraZeneca, FMC Corporation, Osiris Labs, Shumaker Loop & Kendrick LLP, Trillium Asset Management, Walgreens Boots Alliance and GRI. Attendees had the opportunity to be informed about critical issues but also about international trends while participating in an all-day networking.
Among topics discussed were:
- Rewiring the economy – A 10-year plan to lay the foundations for a sustainable economy
- Unlocking business value from the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- TCFD Recommendations – Overview, latest developments and best practices
- Setting corporate targets in line with science and not with fiction: all you need to know about Science-Based Targets (SBTs)
- AstraZeneca sustainability programme
- Sustainability Advisory Councils – How do they add value
- Establishing External Councils at major firms: Ways to Integrate ESG, social brand and social response capitalism
- Organisational responsiveness to human rights issues
- Environmental policy & risk: Transition to a low carbon economy
- How ESG investing creates value and return
- Building sustainable communities
- Business reporting on the SDGs: Measuring & managing impacts on the SDGs
Τhe SF Tour was held for another year, offering participants a complete sustainability experience through educational activities, networking and leisure. This year’s destination was Chania, Crete, and the participants had the opportunity to visit traditional olive oil production facilities, handmade soap from organic pure materials production facilities, and a recycled glass blower factory.
The next Sustainability Forum will be held on October 4, 2019.
For more information about the event, please visit www.sustainabilityforum.gr.
Supporters & Sponsors:
Gold Sponsor: Generation Y
Silver Sponsors: Alpha Bank, Genesis Pharma
Supporters: European Reliance, ICAP Group, KPMG, TUV Austria
Graphic Designer Partner: Greenmind
Printing Partner: Pressious Arvanitidis
Carbon Offset Partner: Green Evolution
Web Partner: Think Plus
Coffee Sponsor: Nespresso
Supporters: American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, Union of Listed Companies, Alliance for Greece, Hellenic- Dutch Association of Commerce & Industry, CEO Clubs, Hellenic Advertisers Association
Communication Partners: Daily Fax, Marketing Week, Plant, Re:CSR, CSRweek, csrnews.gr, capital.gr